Our Air Conditioner Professionals are Here to Help You
You always want your home to be a place where you feel comfortable and at ease. The temperature plays a vital role in your overall comfort, which makes your air conditioner a very important component. You don’t want to wait until things go wrong and you’re stuck in the heat. That’s why you need to be proactive in replacing your AC unit before it suffers a complete breakdown. The team at Allgood Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is here to provide the advice you need on whether it’s time for an AC replacement. Not to mention, we can help you choose the appropriate new air conditioning unit and provide complete AC installation service at your Tucker, GA home. Please reach out to us today to schedule an inspection at your home.
When to Get New AC Installation?
The key to replacing your air conditioner is timing the new installation correctly. You obviously want to get as much use out of your old unit as possible, but you also want to install a new one before the old one breaks down completely. Our team is here to help you determine when the best time is to replace your AC unit, providing expert advice and expert installation of your new AC. With years of experience in all HVAC components, Allgood Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is here to help you keep your home comfortable. It might be time to consider installing a new AC if you’re in any of the following situations:
- Your unit is old: Air conditioners are designed to last about 15 to 20 years. If yours is already that age or is nearing it, you should start thinking about replacing the unit. Taking a proactive approach will prevent you from having a major breakdown at the height of summer.
- You’re facing an expensive repair: The older an AC system gets, the more likely it is that you’ll need frequent repairs. If you’re calling the repairman often, it may be more cost-effective to replace the entire unit, especially if the repair is going to cost a significant amount. Instead, put that money toward the purchase of a new unit and invest in the future comfort of your home.
- You want better efficiency: Energy-efficient technology is constantly evolving. That means each and every year, the new AC models are slightly more efficient than the last. If you’ve had your unit for at least eight years, and are ready to improve your efficiency, think about installing a brand-new model.
What Are the Risks of Not Getting Professional AC Service?
When your air conditioner begins to falter in its performance, you may be tempted to tinker with the unit on your own, to see if you can address the problem. You may want to call a friend or family member who has previous experience with HVAC systems. This is not a good idea, as your air conditioner is a complicated piece of machinery. You want to call a team with professional experience, who is licensed and insured. Doing so will ensure that your air conditioner is in the best hands possible, and you can rest assured knowing the problem will be addressed appropriately. When you choose not to hire a professional for AC service, you risk all of the following:
- Further damage: When you don’t have the proper training, you risk making the problem with your air conditioner worse. You may unknowingly cause damage to a part that only exacerbates the issue or creates a new one.
- Injury: Your air conditioner is a very complicated piece of machinery with many moving parts. Without the right experience, you may end up injuring yourself as you attempt to work on the unit. Remember that your air conditioner is hooked to electricity, which puts you at risk for electric shock when you start to tinker with parts.
- More expensive repairs: When you attempt to complete your air conditioner service or installation on your own, you’re likely only setting yourself up for more costly repairs. Chances are you’ll end up having to call a professional to resolve the problem anyway.
How Often Should I Have My Air Conditioner Tuned Up?
In order for your new air conditioner to run efficiently, it needs regular maintenance. You can count on the team at Allgood Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to be available for regular tune-ups on your system after we install it. Your air conditioner should undergo a tune-up every year. This will allow us to clean the system, lubricate parts, and look for any signs of trouble. It’s usually best to complete this tune-up in the spring before you turn your air conditioner on for the first time.
Located in DeKalb County, we offer our AC installation service and AC replacement in the Atlanta area, including (but not limited to) nearby cities such as Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Clarkston, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, Lithonia, Pine Lake, Stonecrest, Stone Mountain and Tucker.
Allgood is proud to use Rheem HVAC systems.
Contact Us for an Appointment
Do you need professional AC installation or service at your home? We are the team to call. Our professionals can complete service and installation on central AC systems, split AC systems, and even window AC units. Contact us today to set up an appointment for your air conditioner installation in Atlanta.